What is Think Detroit?
Think Detroit is a co-working space filled with creative minds located in the historic Boston Edison neighborhood. Think Detroit offers shared working spaces and private offices with a focus on building community rather than working in isolation. Members of Think Detroit come from an array of professional backgrounds including: freelancers, entrepreneurs, designers, web/software developers, consultants, marketing professionals, artists, and more. We believe in promoting the success of individuals by providing a collaborative and cost efficient working environment.
Internship Job Description
We are seeking a team member to help manage our workspace, assist with marketing and plan events. This position will work directly with the President and CEO to learn about what it takes to grow, build, and foster a community. The team member will take an active role in helping maintain the space and providing the best possible experience for our members. The internship will be tailored to fit interns current and desired skill set.
• Marketing communications: social media marketing and outreach projects. This role can grow and change depending on the interns interests and skill sets
• Greeting and assisting members
• Managing mail services
• Assist with the organization and coordination of events including planning and promoting
• Generating ideas for improving the space and general management support
• Attending startup networking events to find prospective members
• Undergraduate student in marketing, business, entrepreneurship, public relations, or related studies.
• Previous event planning, customer service, or social media management experience
• Previous experience engaging community members in Detroit
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Attention to detail
• Organizational skills
• Ability to multitask and meet deadlines
• Must be computer literate and have your own laptop
• Available for a minimum of 8-10 hours per week.
• Minimum commitment: 3 months
What you’ll learn
• Gain valuable skills in operations, social media, marketing, sales, event planning, business management, and leadership
• Be part of a start-up
• Exposure to work around a variety of Think Detroit member startups and companies
• Be part of the community at Think Detroit and have access to your own desk space
Please email your resume, portfolio, and a brief paragraph of why you’re interested to email@example.com